Following the success of eBay’s guarantee of authenticity in the United States, eBay UK has now opened its own guarantee of authenticity program for luxury watches. You can see eBay’s full announcement below.
eBay, one of the world’s largest luxury watch markets, is expanding its ‘Guarantee of Authenticity’ service with a new after-sales authentication service for luxury watches sold for Â£ 2,000 or more in the UK. United
Offering meticulous inspection and verification by independent experts, eBay’s Guarantee of Authenticity provides an additional layer of confidence to buyers browsing the watches on the site and comes with increased interest in the watches.
Buying and reselling vintage and used watches has become a key part of the luxury watch market, with eBay.co.uk watch searches increasing 31% in the past two years, with one sale every 28 seconds on the platform for the last time. year.
As of today, all wristwatches sold for over Â£ 2,000 on eBay UK across all brands including the most popular players – Rolex, Omega, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Patek Phillipe and Audemars Piguet , will go through the process of guaranteeing authenticity.
The watches will be fully inspected and verified by the world’s industry leaders, Stoll & Co. Founded in 1982, Stoll & Co’s team of experienced and dedicated watchmakers and technicians operates state-of-the-art technical equipment in a new realm. -United at the cutting edge of technology. facility where they perform multipoint physical authentication inspection of watches, including crown, bezel, dial, case, clasp / buckle, hands, end links and part number. They will also review any warranty sent alongside, including the inner and outer boxes of the watches, as well as the pillow the watch is presented on.
âWhen it comes to purchasing luxury goods such as watches, trust is paramount for our customers. Our number one goal is to bring more confidence to our market for our entire eBay community, which is why we invest in guaranteeing the authenticity of watches at no additional cost to the buyer or seller, so that Customers can buy or sell luxury watches with confidence and have the item delivered to their doorstep within two days via secure delivery.“
Kirsty Keoghan, Director of Luxury Goods, eBay UK
“Buying an expensive watch online can be a nerve-wracking experience, which is why this process is of the utmost importance to the pre-owned luxury watch market, providing customers with the security of knowing that their purchase is 100% genuine. It’s the details of premium watches that drive us, so we’re excited to bring our skills and expertise to the UK to help fuel eBay’s new guarantee of authenticity for watches.. “
Graham foster, Chief Watchmaker, Stoll & Co
EBay’s announcement follows the success of the Guarantee of Authenticity for Sneakers in the UK earlier this year, where new and used sneakers from popular brands sold in the market for Â£ 100 or more are also reviewed and verified by an independent team of authenticators.
By expanding the authentication hub in the UK with more categories to be part of the program, eBay hopes to continue driving growth in high-value categories, as a trusted market for the resale of luxury goods and luxury goods. high quality.
How the guarantee of authenticity works for watches
A long-time leader in the luxury watch market, eBay is home to one of the largest inventories of new, vintage and used contemporary and fine watches in the world. When a watch purchase is made, the seller sends it directly to the Authentication Center for a full, multi-point inspection by UK authenticators. The guarantee of authenticity for watches with eBay has a number of key elements:
- Proof of authentication: Upon receipt of the item, the authenticator confirms that it conforms to the title, description, and images in the ad. Each watch is given a unique barcode and entered into a tracking system. An eBay tag integrated with NFC chip technology is attached to ensure its authenticity and finalize the process, building confidence in collectability and resale value.
- Third party authentication: eBay has partnered with an independent team of authenticators from watchmaking specialists Stoll & Co, who will perform a multi-point physical authentication inspection:
- Authenticators check multiple inspection points, including crown, bezel, dial, case, clasp / buckle, hands, end links, and part number. Any warranty sent aside is also checked, including the inner and outer boxes of the watches, as well as the pillow on which the watch is presented.
- Improved seller protection with verified returns: For sellers who choose to offer returns, eBay’s guarantee of authenticity program ensures that the exact item originally sold is returned to the seller, through a verified returns process. Returns are sent directly to the Authentication Center, where third-party authenticators verify each item and its condition before returning it to the seller.
British watches by numbers:
- Watch searches have increased on eBay UK by 31% in the last 2 years with a watch sold every 28 seconds last year On the platform.
- Most popular watch brands (based on sales): Rolex, Omega and Tudor
- Most popular watch models (based on sales): # 1 Rolex Datejust, # 4 Omega Seamaster, # 5 Tudor Black Bay
- Most expensive watch sold on eBay UK in the last 3 years: Rolex GMT Master II 126715CHNR Rose Gold 40mm Black Dial 2019 With Papers for Â£ 50,000
Stay in touch with the latest business information for your online business
We do not share your information and you can unsubscribe at any time
Connect with us and other small business owners
Please visit our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay on top of news and business information relevant to your online business.